Unilever Human Resources - Unilever Future Leaders Program in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Unilever Future Leaders Program (UFLP) is a global initiative enabling Unilever to build a strong talent pipeline that will support and lead our business growth. UFLP a rotational leadership development program for which we recruit top-performing undergraduate talent who demonstrate the potential to become managers within our business. You’ll be hired in Human Resources and take on exciting roles across the various teams within the function with the aim of developing your leadership skills to grow you into a manager. At the heart of it, we are developing tomorrow’s leaders, today. From Day 1, you will take on real business challenges within Human Resources, you will gain an understanding of how we make and sell our products, become immersed in our sustainability initiatives, understand and experience first-hand our global markets, and build people management skills and financial acumen. On top of all that, you will have a lot of fun along the journey. It’s about commitment, real people skills and a deep-seated interest in the business as a whole. You’ll become part of a leading-edge company, where you’ll work with outstanding brands and amazing people to drive sustainable business growth.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Do you want to get to know the inner workings of a vast business and understand how it works? Do you want to join a leading-edge company where you’ll work with outstanding brands and amazing people to drive sustainable business growth? Are you an energetic and passionate individual who wants to make an impact? Human Resources is about creating a winning organization: generating outstanding business performance through the development of people and teams. We need people who are insightful and inspired to make a difference in developing our people and the organization skills and capabilities required to be a winning business. You need to be passionate about people and confident in your ability to influence others.
• You’re a born leader: You have good judgment and a willingness to create meaning from change. You have a passion for learning and a desire to understand how things work.
• You’re a dot connector: You are innovative, resourceful, willing to overcome challenges, and are motivated to improve or create something new.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You are able to take others with you and share your understanding of problems and solutions with them. You will own your project and bring the best ideas to life. You will connect with the HR community to build your network and expertise.
• You’re a changemaker: You are self-motivated and able to understand the opportunities that a ‘sustainable living’ business model offers.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Recently completed your BA or BS degree - All majors welcome (with interest in HR)
• The ideal candidate will possess strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; leadership ability; initiative and enthusiasm for work in an unstructured environment; the ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team.
• Extracurricular experiences demonstrating initiative and drive beyond academia; capability and interest in a position of leadership and Commercial/Business sense is a plus
• Ability to relocate and willingness to work in a factory location
• Must be proactive and self-driven and possess the ability to multi-task
• Strong PC skills in the following programs:
o Word Excel
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
To receive communication about your application, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or mailto:email@example.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 17000DYE