Unilever SHE Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
Background & Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for the facilitating the business’ safety, health and environmental strategy at the Kilbourn Facility, including ensuring compliance with all relevant Unilever, Federal, State and Local SHE policies and standards, training & development and lending expertise to all SHE related issues within the operations. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the SHE Manager and Site Leadership Team in the Development of new site initiatives around SHE efforts
Here is a preview of our Kilbourn facility :
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You’re a born leader: Leads the Environmental Pillar to deliver Unilever’s Sustainable Living plan for the site. In charge of driving sustainability through increasing operational efficiencies; reducing waste and reducing consumption of natural resources.
- You’re a teacher: Technical resource for SHE. Provides guidance to site team particularly Stationary Engineers & Waste Treatment Operators.
- You’re a changemaker: Participate in establishing company-wide best practices and standards for SHE.
- You’re a culture & change champion: Launch new programs for site by engaging both hourly and salary team. Drive positive SHE results by focusing on leading indicators and deliver world class SHE culture.
- Provide support for the administration and implementation of all SHE programs and Policies to ensure the Facility’s adherence to all applicable, federal, state, and local regulations to ensure an accident/hazard free/healthy work environment.
- Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Activities to assure At-risk-behaviors and At-risk-conditions are addressed. Monitor/track all corrective action measures to ensure they are addressed and completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support to the SHE Manager to ensure site compliance to OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory standards by maintaining and submitting safety, accident, environmental and industrial hygiene files and records as required.
- Provide support in the process of SHE Inspections and/or audits and track/follow-up on all corrective actions.
- Coordinate investigation of incidents and injuries with Line Managers/supervisors to ensure accurate and timely completion. Cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, law suits, and insurance investigations.
- Under guidance of the SHE Manager, provide operational safety performance feedback on a regular basis. Support the SHE Pillars, associated sub-teams and provide support to RCAs as needed.
- Support the SHE Unilever framework for site and employee safety teams. Provide support, instruction and training to Line Managers/Supervisors in regard to SHE framework initiatives.
- Aid in managing the SHE Rewards and Recognition Program
- Participate in the development of the annual site SHE budget and control fixed and variable cost expenditures.
- Driving the Continuous Improvement agenda using WCM as the operating framework.
- Managing and eliminating SHE operational risks and hazards to ensure an accident/ hazard free/echo friendly cost competitive operation
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- At least 3 year of experience in Safety, Health and Environmental
- B.S. /B.A. in safety and/or environmental science, chemical/industrial/mechanical engineering and/or other related technical discipline
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago -2816 South Kilbourn
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Oct-27-2017
Req ID: 170008ZX