Unilever Controls and Automation Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
Controls and Automation Engineer
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Controls and Automation - Project Delivery Engineer will manage the end to end delivery of the site capital projects on electrical upgrades and controls and automation. Will drive the site masterplan for electrical systems and controls and automation aligned with the Unilever design teams. Provides support to the day to day and reliability activities. Reports to Site Engineering Manager, Kilbourn – Dressings Site.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- You're a born leader:Leads all electrical engineering and controls and automation capital projects at the site and ensures corporate standards are followed. Provides technical expertise and input into reliability issues for factory systems: SCADA, PLC, HMI, DCS, variable speed control, servo-motion control, etc. to maximize plant efficiency and reliability. You are the site expert on electrical and controls and automation systems. Provides leadership in the management of software modification and optimizing programming, and maintains all records
- You're a change maker:Participates in establishing company-wide best practices and standards for electrical engineering and controls and automation and is responsible for ensuring compliance at local site. Leads the development of the plant masterplan for electrical systems and controls and automation. Technical resource to the category engineering team for new products and re-stages (innovation and renovation).
- You're a dot connector:Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, corporate engineering and union workforce. Supports root cause analysis on electrical, instrumentation and control issues.
- You're a culture and change champion:Value engineering; bringing new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost, while living our core values (Value vs. Values proposition)
- You love to win, and have fun doing it:On Time In Full (OTIF) end to end delivery of assigned capital projects (typical value €0.05m - 2 Million) adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as our number 1 priority.
Check out our facility : https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__youtu.be_EH7fbCUK8C4&d=DwMFAg&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=v7tgX1wLqbEmn4D-V14cJEpy3DCIeVIJXPrOAHqmWxWN5YOLLgZw6nFPXnI-0DOG&m=Y8bRVKDGqTZvXY39xke8gfY6CE_AaOXqyJ5YJqykIjo&s=YJOtjH-s3e6ZVKtjNvC2icoIfCknD60wZaNFuEz3D1A&e=
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Experience: 5 Years of Project Engineering in FMCG / related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Project Management experience with electrical / controls and automation systems.
- Software / PLC programming knowledge, Process and packaging electrical hardware knowledge
- Attained Professional Engineer Status (Or member of professional institution)
- First-hand experience delivering major electrical and controls and automation capital projects within Unilever or similar FMCG environment
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago -2816 South Kilbourn
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Oct-27-2017
Req ID: 17000A5I