Unilever Category Engineer-Dressings in Chicago, Illinois
Category Engineer- Dressings
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Category Engineer position based in the Chicago - Kilbourn Factory, will manage the end to end delivery of the dressings category technology projects. This includes direct capital project management of innovation and technology changes at Kilbourn and third-party factories. Provides support and expertise to the day to day and reliability activities at the factory. Reports to Category Engineering Mgr., Kilbourn – Dressings Site. Position work level is 1C.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- You're a born leader:Leads technology, capital, innovation, capacity, and value improvement projects for the dressings category. Responsible for providing estimates, options assessment, and technical support for these projects. Carries out tasks related to project assessment, technical support and implementation with minimum supervision. Ensures compliance with Unilever Hygiene, equipment and safety standards, specifications, and best practices. This shall include formulation/process/equipment evaluations, industrial trials, preliminary engineering, project cost controls, timeline, establishment of commissioning plan, plant/equipment commissioning, production startup.
- You're a change maker: Participates in establishing company-wide best practices and standards for technology changes and commissioning. Technical resource to the category engineering team for new products and re-stages (innovation and renovation). Contributes to the technology improvements for the category for processing and packaging equipment. Develops checkout, testing, and start-up protocol for the commissioning of equipment, packaging lines and control systems.
- You're a dot connector:Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, corporate engineering and union workforce. Team member for innovation, larger restructuring, or supply chain strategic investments. Collaborate with other manufacturing engineers and category engineers in establishing best practices. Interface directly with R&D, marketing, & innovation planning teams to drive on-time delivery of innovation projects.
- You're a culture and change champion:Value engineering; bringing new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost, while living our core values (Value vs. Values proposition)
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: On Time In Full (OTIF) end to end delivery of assigned capital and innovation projects (typical value €0.05m - 2 Million) adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as our number 1 priority.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Education: BS in Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Experience: 5 Years of project or process Engineering in FMCG / related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Attained Professional Engineer Status (Or member of professional institution)
- First-hand experience delivering or leading start-up for major capital projects within Unilever or similar FMCG environment
What We Can Offer You
- Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago -2816 South Kilbourn
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Oct-27-2017
Req ID: 17000ACS